Trump Says No Talks Underway or Planned with Iran

US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that no talks or discussions with Iran were underway or scheduled.

“There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform.

Trump also said the US naval blockade remained “in full force and effect” and asserted that the Strait of Hormuz was “open and operating.”

He added that all water mines had been removed or detonated.

Trump’s comments came a day after his special envoy Jared Kushner told Fox News that talks between the US government and various parts of the Iranian government were “more active now than ever before,” although he indicated that no agreement had yet been reached.

The conflicting statements came as tensions continued over the Strait of Hormuz, with Iran maintaining that the waterway would remain closed until Washington fulfilled commitments under a memorandum of understanding, including lifting the US naval blockade and sanctions.

Kushner said Monday that he could not discuss details of the contacts but described the talks as taking place between the US government and various parties within the Iranian government and at different levels. (RSS)

Related Articles

Comments

Back to top button